foxy adj : marked by skill in deception; "cunning men often pass for wise"; "deep political machinations"; "a foxy scheme"; "a slick evasive answer"; "sly as a fox"; "tricky Dik"; "a wily old attorney" [syn: crafty, cunning, dodgy, guileful, knavish, slick, sly, tricksy, tricky, wily] [also: foxiest, foxier]
EtymologyFrom fox < fox < West Germanic *fukhs < Proto-Germanic *fuhsaz < Proto-Indo-European *puk-so- < *puk- (tail).
- Rhymes: -ɒksi
Foxy has these meanings:
- Used as Slang for Sexually attractive.
- Foxiness, a characteristic flavour found in wine made from Vitis labrusca vines.
- Nickname for Graeme Fowler, cricketer
- Fox Terrier, various breeds of dog
- Foxxy Cleopatra, a character in the movie Austin Powers in Goldmember
- Foxxy Love, a cartoon character in the animated series Drawn Together
- Foxy (band), a 1970s Latin-funk group
- Foxy Lady, a song by Jimi Hendrix from his 1967 album Are You Experienced?
- Foxy (cartoon character) from Warner Bros.
- Foxy (comics), a comic strip in the Topper
- Foxy (King of Fighters), a video game character from the King of Fighters series
- Foxy (malware): one of many malware programs
- Foxy (musical)
- Foxy (proxy), a content filtering proxy server
- Foxy (P2P), a peer to peer file transfer program published in Hong Kong, Mainland China and Taiwan
- 5-Methoxy-diisopropyltryptamine, a drug with the street name "Foxy"
- Foxy Brown (rapper), a rapper from New York
- Foxy Brown (singer), a reggae singer from Jamaica
foxy in Chinese: Foxy
Byzantine, Machiavellian, Machiavellic, Titian, acute, adust, alluring, arch, artful, astute, attractive, auburn, bay, bay-colored, bayard, besmirched, blackened, brazen, bronze, bronze-colored, bronzed, brownish-red, cagey, cagy, calculating, canine, canny, castaneous, chestnut, chestnut-brown, clever, copper, copper-colored, coppery, crafty, cunning, cupreous, cute, darkened, deceitful, deep, deep-laid, designing, devious, diplomatic, discolored, dishonest, disingenuous, doggy, feline, ferruginous, foxed, foxlike, guileful, henna, ingenious, inky, insidious, inventive, knowing, liver-brown, liver-colored, livid-brown, lupine, mahogany, murky, pawky, plotting, politic, ready, reddish-brown, resourceful, roan, rubiginous, rufous, russet, russety, rust, rust-colored, rusty, scheming, seductive, serpentine, sexy, sharp, shifty, shrewd, slick, slippery, sly, smirched, smoky, smooth, snaky, sneaky, soiled, sophistical, stained, stealthy, stigmatic, stigmatiferous, stigmatized, strategic, subtile, subtle, sunburned, supple, tactical, tainted, tarnished, terra-cotta, trickish, tricksy, tricky, vulpine, wary, wily, wise, wolfish